Huddy HealthCare worked with RWJUH to develop new operational flow and design concepts for the phased renovations that include development of a new Adult Care Initiation Area. This area accommodates 23 additional patient care spaces with a mix of private exam rooms, Results Pending recliners for vertical/protocol patients, and EMS staging/transfer bays. While ESI Level 1 and 2 patients will be expedited to the main ED treatment/resuscitation area, the Adult Care Initiation Area will start the care for all other patients. ESI 5s, 4s, and an estimated 40% of ESI 3s will remain in the Care Initiation area for their entire stay. The remaining 60% of ESI 3s (higher acuity) will start in Care Initiation to expedite their diagnostics, then continue to the main ED for their remaining care. The internal expansion area and phased reorganization of the ED culminated in 59 ED patient care spaces plus a new 8-bed behavioral health unit. The relocated Pediatric ED accommodates 17 patient care spaces including a Pediatric Care Initiation Area (plus Results Pending), De-Escalation Room (see photo above, left), Procedure/Resuscitation Area, and Adolescent Behavioral Health. Project also includes relocated Imaging (2 CTs, 2 Radiology Rooms) to a central area adjacent to Care Initiation, Main ED, and a new 6-bay Trauma/Resuscitation Suite.